"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE LEADING LADY IN YOUR OWN LIFE, FOR GODS SAKE!"

Friday

An idle mind is the Devils playground!

04 October 2006

So here I am at the big O... Bored outta my mind - again! And what do I start thinking about... Shit!! For some odd reason, I have been making alotta friends through email. I mean I enjoy a good chat just as much as the next girl, but come on guys... what’s the world coming to? Where did good old normal interaction go? I like the way you look, you like the way I look - and as the “Britts” would say - Fancy a snog? But nooo, not today peeps, today we are seduced by the informalities of cyber conversation. It’s so easy to just chat to someone and when they bore you just pretend that you don’t get their emails anymore, or even better you just completely block them on MSN... And let’s face it, no one likes rejection, it doesn’t matter in what shape it gets wrapped up in - no one likes it! Back to the Shit I was thinking... So here we are meeting new people everyday, most of them seemingly normal, and we chat our little hearts out and we are enjoying each others conversation so much... Intellectually this person is giving you exactly what you need... But what happens when there is nothing else to say... And what happens if there is no other reason to continue on in this manner? Now don’t get me wrong, I love chatting, and I love finding out about people especially the opposite sex, without any kind of sexual interference. So far I have only managed to maintain normality with G, aka Cyber Friend. My question however is how long can you chat to someone in an orderly non drunken state and still find them to sooooo interesting... Is there a time limit or do I have a really short attention span? My concern is that at some point they want to take you out to dinner and not meet you for dinner… And start calling you Angel, and sweet soul… What does that mean? The conversation suddenly heads straight into the twilight zone…

Here’s an actual example…

Hows your next week Tuesday - am I coming to pick you up and see your dungeon?
ME: LOL... you are on top form today... Ok, I have diarized it... But please do be warned... I am rather miserable as of late. You keep on wanting to see me on a Tuesday... Is there any reason for that? I wonder?

WK: Tuesday is the day were the tree dwelling dolphin from camp tweela emerges to embrace the saxophone playing seahorses from cumbria.its my special nite

ME: I am sorry but I have no idea what that means... What makes Tuesdays so special?

WK: Heheheh nothing sweet soul - I guess it's just a nite were i on a balance of probabilities do the least. What makes you so special?

ME: I honestly don’t know why you think I am so special... Maybe you can tell me... Because I honestly don’t think I am...

WK: It must be those big brown eyes that are deceiving me then… either even the coldest, longest winter will always end with a spring…..pearl jam– it’s all good


Now seriously what the hell does that mean???? What do I say to that?? Do I quote another song…? Do I pull a homer and crawl under the blankets and silently pray that it will go away???

I am truly confused… Is this a date or are we friends? *Scared look*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.