"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE LEADING LADY IN YOUR OWN LIFE, FOR GODS SAKE!"

Friday

Compliments to SA MUSIC!!!!!

Ok, so the very select few who know me in person will know that I love music. Now people in saying that I realize that there are very few people out there that take the stance that they hate music… But I love music. I think that if I wasn’t also a talented sports person, music studies would have taken a preference. And in my defense I can also add that I only date musicians.

Now, my favourite bands include the brilliant Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, Radiohead and Tool amongst others. And I am very selective when it comes to selecting CD’s. I would however like to say that I think SA music has outperformed the International performers as of late. I mean OMG… It blows my mind how talented these people are. I must admit that after Fetish broke up and moved away, I thought we were all doomed. And it’s needless to say that it’s not like my favourite bands come to Sunny SA often and I was dreading nights at home with the light off and the CD player on full volume pretending to be at one of their concerts.

I am glad to announce that with likes of Parlotones, Josie Field( whom I joined at the Radium on Sat) Prime Circle, Niemand, Wonderboom, Louise Carver and Harris Tweed I will no longer have to annoy my neighbours with my loud music.
Seriously people, I am in awe, I am dumbstruck. These people are amazing!!! They are competing in an international arena! Like I said I went to the Radium Beer Hall on Sat to support Josie. And this girl is amazing. Her voice range is incredible and well her stage presence is absolutely towering! I am a fan.
I really think that SA peeps can really get behind their own homegrown bands and start supporting these people!!!!!
Anyways, Thanx to Josie Field for a brilliant CD and the nice note on the one I bought! Looking to catch you again soon!!!

No comments: