"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE LEADING LADY IN YOUR OWN LIFE, FOR GODS SAKE!"

Tuesday

Saying goodbye

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing to, especially when you’ve had such a strong connection to somebody or something. However one can find oneself in a situation where not saying goodbye could mean the end of your individuality.

I recently had a tarot card reading done, and it revealed something rather interesting – I am learning to be my own mother. In other words, I am learning when to say no, because something isn’t good for me. Now for those who know me (and hopefully love me) that isn’t something I would normally do.

I mean in the past my motto was, is it good for me – No. Will it be fun – Ok let’s do it. This however has taught me some invaluable lessons, lessons that I will carry with me for life, some in the form of physical scars and some in the form of mental scars. The point is the damage was done!

And apparently I am now learning to think beyond the fun factor and look at the bigger picture. The problem that I have with that is that I seem to have gathered a group of people around me that only know me in a certain way, and that cause a problem. No one wants to be rejected by their friends or family but it stands to reason that they grouped themselves with you because they saw something in you that they themselves could use or learn from. So when you change from being the wild, throw caution to the wind kind a girl, into the I have to be home by 11 to get my 8 hours of sleep, people tend to feel like they don’t know you.

And it is of my opinion that when that happens you should cut cords and move on. And that isn’t always the easiest thing to do, as I’m sure most of you reading this will be able to testify to. So how exactly are you supposed to do that? Do you just walk away or have the cheese and Wine discussion – It’s not you it’s me? I personally believe that, that is the cowards way to do things and that when one decides to leave someone in the past that you should have the balls to face the bull head on and say I can’t have you in my life anymore. Easier said than done. Trust me I know, I usually just change my number, move to another house and duck behind something when you see that person.

BUT, and this is a big but, what if mentally you didn’t say goodbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tarot readers are promoting stereotypes which have been harmful to the interests of game players. Many card game websites are being targeted by "psychic reading" Google ads which are inappropriate to their content. Card game websites such as Webtarot.fr, Letarot.net, and Tarotux.org have also been wrongly categorized as "occult" or "paranormal" by internet filtering software programs such as SonicWall. An online forum for the popular Hoyle Card Games CD-ROM software even displayed a complaint from a misinformed Christian user because of the software's inclusion of the modern French tarot card game. These are just three examples of the damage these stereotypes have been causing.

Tarot is the trick taking card game that brought forth the notion of a trump suit in card games. Tarot, like contract bridge and skat, has been called the "chess of card games" for good reason. Tarot has clearly made a valuable contribution to our game playing culture. This contribution is sadly being obscured by those who continue to sell tarot exclusively as a fortune telling or divination tool. Websites such as Tarot.com, Belief.net, Tickle.com and others have been misleading the general public into believing that tarot is nothing but an occult instrument. The notion that tarot cards are only used for fortune telling or the occult is completely false.

Paul O'Brien, CEO of Tarot.com, has made some assertions about tarot for which there is no evidence at all. "It was masquerading as a card game for a long time because people could be burned at the stake for using it" and "It was more related to alchemy than religion." are some prime examples as quoted by Belief.net of O'Brien's Da Vinci Code style campaign of disinformation. There is no provable historical link between tarot cards and astrology, Kabbalah, alchemy or any other esoteric phenomena. There is also no evidence to indicate that tarot cards were intended for any other purpose than for the play of card games. The business arrangement between Tarot.com and large corporations such as AOL (America Online) and Glam Media assures us that O'Brien's pseudo-history is widely accepted as fact.

Another popular website guilty of distorting tarot is the social networking site Tickle.com, which is owned by Monster.com. On Tickle.com's tarot reading page we find this false assertion "The practice of reading Tarot cards dates back to the Egyptians." Contemporary research disputes Tickle.com's false statement. Tarot cards began to appear in early to mid 15th century Italy. The practice of reading tarot cards dates no earlier than the 18th century.

The general public has been duped by the "new age" publishing industry and by the uncritical mainstream media regarding tarot's true heritage. The connection of tarot cards with the occult is based on false histories concerning the decks origins. The occult activities should in no way be seen as genuine tarot. Genuine tarot is a type of card game. The tarot game is very popular right now in France, Canada, and practically any place the French language is spoken. There is also a similar game played in Austria and surrounding areas known as "tarock." Many players of tarot card games, nowadays, use a more modern deck with double-ended court cards and conventional playing card suits of hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds and the trump cards sport arbitrary scenes of 19th century Europe. Not only is tarot currently played as a card game in continental Europe, there are efforts to import these games to other parts of the world. Unfortunately, the widespread promotion of fortune telling stereotypes in connection with tarot cards has had an inhibiting effect on cultural exchange and innovation.